At C.H.E.S. we want to stress the importance of every student
being present 100% of the time. When absences do occur parents
should send a note within 3 days stating why their child was
Cedar Hill Elementary School Absence Form (Top Right, Feel free
to print off and use for excuse use.)
Absences are considered excused for the following reasons:
1. Illness of the student and parent must send a note stating
their child was sick.
**(There is a limit of 10 days per school year for parent
2. Medical or dental. Required documentation from the doctor's
Faxed excused are accepted - 256-423-5970.
Follow up to be sure we have received the excuse.
3. Death in the family. Parent must send a note.
4. Quarantine. This only applies when student is sent home by
5. Religious Holidays.
**Only excused when prior permission is granted by
6. Court summons.
**Proper documentation must be attached to parent note.
7. Principal approved absence.
**Principal Approval Form must be filled out and approved prior
Examples of Unexcused Absences:
Not sending a note
Just sending a note saying they were not at school
Car would not start
Missed the bus
Alarm did not go off
Other sibling was sick